Saturday, June 14, 2008

Feeling Crafty




So I was shopping for a summer purse on Thursday and couldn't find anything that I liked. I decided to look through my quilt fabrics and found a trio of sample pieces of toile that I bought on ebay at least 10 years ago.


Now, I have a problem with fabrics and papers that I love: If I use them, I won't have them to use!! It's a vicious cycle. I decided to go ahead and use a piece to see how I liked the fabric purse. I followed a tutorial by blogger Chocolate on my Cranium. Of course I made it my own, different handle, different sizes. I also had to make a seam on the bottom so that both scenes would be right side up.
I like the purse so far, but do wish I had had the fusible Pellon interfacing on hand to make it stiffer. and stand up on it's own. I'll try another one soon.

1 comment:

Yvette said...

Hey, Jeannine! Congrats on your new blog! I loved it!

Yvette