Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Emerald Tablescape

I'm so happy to join Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for another fantastic Tablescape Thursday.  I've found a lot of inspiration from the other taablescapes posted.  You should go here to see what amazing things bloggers are up to



This lovely set of china caught our eyes because it was super complete and it is in green and yellow.  It is labelled Thomas Bavaria "Emerald". We purchased the service for ten plus at an estate sale for $50.
It has three different sizes of platters, including two small, a medium and a large.  There is a round bowl, and oval, soup tureen . They are really a lovely color. 


I am getting a little bored with using these sets as they were intended by the maker, ie: all matching pieces together on the table.  However, we needed to pack them up carefully in boxes.  We have no where to store them and we have to store in the garage.

In June we flip-flopped our living room and dining room.  This room was originally where the sofas and tv were.  It was that way for six years.  I think it works better this way as a more enclosed dining space.  The only problem is that now the kitchen dining table and the dining room table are right next to each other.  Oh, well!  Party!







I used the rose design flatware from my mother.

The roses are from my backyard.  This is about all we've had this year.  So disappointing.



Yes, that is our fat fuzzy cat curled up in the chair in the background.


















The table and chairs and china cabinet are made in Malaysia. I love the table; it is 3 meters long.  However the wood is cheap and the chairs are all falling apart.  They have been reglued once but are beyond saving now.  I'm searching garage sales for others, but chairs are expensive, or ugly!
Thanks for stopping by today. I'm going to try a theme next week.
Jeannine

17 comments:

Debbie said...

If you got that whole set for $50.00, you sure got your money's worth! It's a really lovely pattern,and I think it looks fabulous with that tablecloth.

Lynn said...

Very pretty, I love the colors-enjoy!

Tess said...

What beautiful dishes. So many pieces and such a great price. Your table looks lovely!! I hope you find dining room furniture that you love!

Tess

Diann @ The thrifty Groove said...

OMG! this china is gorgeous! What a find! And I love yur tablecloth!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What an amazing set of china for $50! A great find! How pretty this is on your table.

The Tablescaper said...

What a beautiful set. The colors are lovely and your tablecloth just completes it.

- The Tablescaper

Marigene said...

That is one of the prettiest china patterns I have seen. I love the soft green with the different colored flowers...just gorgeous! I would have loved to have seen the tureen...maybe next time. Yes, you did get a great deal on all that china for $50!

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Jeannine, Your green dishes are very dainty and elegant! I can't believe the deal you got on them! Enjoy. I'm looking forward to your theme next time. Linda

Miss Merry said...

What lovely dishes. The green is so fresh. And the table linen is so perfect with the set. What a wonderful purchase - so many pieces and such a pretty pattern

Scribbler said...

Pretty china, perfect on the tablecloth!

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Hi there, I'm not doing TT this week but popped in to see what's up and found your post. It is just to die for beautiful! I love the pattern and color and you got such a great bargin for $50 buckeroos!
Love it!
Terry

sweet violets said...

What a great find!!! This is a delightful set of china, delicate and sweet....Cleo

Anonymous said...

You have set a beautiful table with a beautiful set of china. I noticed your camel hanging -- and believe that your table cloth is like a Syrian design. The colors were perfect with this china. I always enjoy your posting. Rebecca

Entertaining Women said...

You have perhaps the most gorgeous set of $50 China that I've ever seen! I can visualize so many ways to use this beautiful pattern. Your tablecloth is also wonderful. I'd love to see the tureen used as the centerpiece, flanked by flowers and candles. Thank you for sharing y our charming design. Cherry Kay

Tricia said...

What a lovely china pattern, and you've shown it off beautifully on that stunning tablecloth! You just don't see china patterns in these colors very often!

Bill said...

What a fantastic value! I think the colors and the pattern are wonderful. It's perfect with your tablecloth. I wanted to use roses this week, but the little rose garden's looking very forlorn. Maybe next year ...

Hope you have a great weekend!

Bill

Tea in Texas said...

You really scored with the beautiful china from the estate sale. They set a lovely table with the tablecloth. You were so fortunate to get so many pieces with it.