Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Tree

Merry Christmas! I thought it was time to share my Christmas tree. And other decorations around the house.



The Christmas tree is very important to me. My maternal ancestors were the first to bring the Christmas tree west of the Mississippi, way back in the 1850's.



This year we went with a Mardi Gras theme. The ornaments and bead ropes are all in green, gold and purple. We tucked white and gold poinsettias in among the branches. And Spartacus loves the tree as well.



Of course we love Disneyland, so there are many Mickey ear ornaments throughout the tree. This year I didn't put the chandelier crystals on the tree. I miss them but the tree is plenty decorated!






We love filling stockings around here. Me, Husband, Son and GF, Daughter and BF and Sister.

3 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, Jeannine! It looks lovely, and look at that cute Spartacus who thinks so, too. I love that you did a Mardi Gras theme. :-)

I wish you were here to help me. I am SO far behind. I'm going to blog the next two days and then try to break so I can get things done by Monday. That's my goal! Then I have to get all the cooking things ready for next week. Since I am not a natural born cook as the rest of my family were, I need days to prepare! LOL!

XO,

Sheila :-)

niartist said...

Jeannine your decorations are beautiful! Sorry I didn't get a chance to get by here before Christmas. So happy that I got to see them now though! Hope you had a great New Years Eve, Happy New Year, have a great 2010!~

Carolyn said...

Thank you so much for visiting me and leaving a lovely comment.
All the best!

Carolyn