Saturday, May 21, 2011

Estate Sale Finds

Happy May!  We are winding down the school year here in our school district.  One more week.  We have finals and graduation, then Summer!  I can hardly wait.  I am going to spend my time writing, painting furniture, and if I can swing it, sewing slipcovers for my sofa and love-seat.
Of course we will be spending some time planning Daughter's wedding.


Meanwhile, Husband and I spent some time at estate sales this Saturday. At the first sale I found this great pair of ;inking shears.  I have always wanted a pair but they are quite pricey.  This pair, by Wiss, was only five dollars.  I couldn't pass that up!
The little butterfly dish is a "butter and jam" plate according to the March issue of Romantic Homes Magazine.  We had just purchased our set of seven last fall.  Today we found number eight!  It is not exactly the same, but so close no one will know.  They will be featured soon in a table scape.



As will this set of china Husband purchased today.  It was originally a set for twelve, but now only has ten complete place settings.  But it came with serving dishes.  Stay tuned for a table scape!


Thank you for stopping by to see what I've been up to.
Don't forget to enter my giveaway in association with The Cottage Charm Giveaway.



1 comment:

Susan said...

I love the china!! It looks so delicate!