Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Russian Christmas Ornaments

I realized I have never shared a special little Christmas tree that I put up each year.  It is only a little over one foot tall and I never remove the lights.  I just carefully replace the tree in a plastic bin.


What makes the tree so special to me is the ornaments. Husband and I purchased them in October of 1999 when we took our very first mission trip to Russia.  We worked in St. Petersburg but did all our shopping in Moscow.
We bought a small box with six handpainted Russian soldiers and three individual ornaments depicting traditional Russian costumes.  I adore these.  Each ornament is about four inches long.










These ornaments both remind me of our trip to Russia and of a classic Christmas tree.  They always have a place of honor.

Blessings,
Jeannine

No comments: