We recently purchased new furniture for our living room. (I'll show that later) The new stuff is a bonded leather product. I thought these little side chairs had now become boring. You can see one blending in to the wall here behind the Christmas tree.
We bought these two side chairs at a garage sale in 2004 for $5 each. We stripped them down to the bare wood and stained them lightly. I reupholstered them with a beige fabric with palm trees on it. It worked at the time.
I decided to go bold! I painted the wood with bright red satin paint. It took three coats to cover without streaks.
You can see the palm tree fabric here. I used the removed pieces for approximate patterns. It took some effort to match the stripes.
I used my electric staple gun to attach the fabric.
The cord is the same cord from the previous incarnation. We just carefully removed it and used the glue gun again to attach it. It is a great trim and hides ALL the staples.
Finished! Front and back.
There is a pair of them. I am happy with the way they came out.