Friday, July 24, 2009

Beautiful Beach Day






We finally went to the beach at Santa Cruz last Saturday. It was 105 degrees here in the valley and a wonderful 85 at the beach. We played in the surf, the kids built a sandcastle using only a gatorade bottle and we laid on the sand.

Later we walked up the Santa Cruz Boardwalk, smelling the pizza, corndogs, and candy. We pitched dimes and Daughter's BF pitched baseballs. We ate pizza at a sidewalk cafe then walked back to the car. It was a great day overall. I had been looking forward to going to the beach since April. I had to wait til everyone was home.

And now that Summer School is over I have two whole weeks of summer vacation until school starts up again.
















4 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sounds like the perfect day. So glad it went well for you, and I love your shells in your hurriance shade with your candle!

XO,

Sheila :-)

A Hint of Home said...

The pictures are beautiful and it sounds heavenly to spend the day there.

Fifi Flowers said...

GORGEOUS beach day!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I dream of being at the beach. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment. It really means a lot to me.