Friday, August 26, 2011

First Christmas Stocking of the Season


It's that time of year again.  Time to start gearing up on projects for Christmas.  I have an esty shop and decided this year I would make stockings to sell.  I have been buying old linens at garage sales and added with my stash of quilting fabric, I came up with this one first.  

This was a hand embroidered pillowcase.  Lovely crocheted edging. Cute little bluebirds. I wanted to be sure to use as much of the handiwork as possible.


I even used a little leftover bit of the crocheted edging for the hanger loop.


A little flower for the stocking toe (it's a completely reversible stocking.)Same design on both sides of the toe.

I'm linking with Jami at Freckled Laundry for Air your Laundry Friday. See what other people are doing with their textiles here.
Thanks for looking,
Jeannine


freckled laundry


2 comments:

Susan said...

Love the stocking! Maybe I will try to make a stocking this weekend!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh this is completely adorable!

I am begining a new linky party on Wednesday ~ "Fall" In Love. Please join in on the fun.

Have a happy and blessed Labor Day!